NO-Xplode Pre-Workout Igniter is a pre-workout supplement, designed to boost strength, endurance, and focus.
It contains a Master Performance blend for “Explosive energy”, “Enhanced Endurance”, and “Maximum Performance”.
It’s made by BSN, an award-winning American nutrition company.
NO-Xplode is based on five potent blends:
Designed to build muscle faster and bigger than ever using a unique blend of creatine, taurine, and muscle health boosters.
- Creatine blend including Whey Protein Isolate: Creatine improves muscle strength and endurance, and aerobic performance.
- Taurine: A great performance and mood booster.
- Extracts from Astragalus and Panax notoginseng roots: These roots have been used for centuries in Chinese medicine to improve cardiovascular and immune system health.
Creatine also provides the well-researched benefits of increasing power output and performance through the increased production of ATP – our body’s energy source (3).
Effective doses of Creatine and Taurine are around 3-5g and 1g respectively.
Designed to boost endurance with electrolytes to maintain the body’s peak performance.
- Beta-alanine: Increases endurance by building levels of carnosine. Carnosine regulates acid build-up in muscles and lets you work out harder for longer (4).
- Betaine anhydrous: benefits heart health by lowering homocysteine levels.
- Potassium bicarbonate,Sodium bicarbonate, Magnesium oxide, and Cholecalciferol
Betaine is a compound found in sugar beets. Studies have shown that it may improve power output and possibly improve body composition (5). It is a relatively new ingredient, and more research is needed on its effects.
The recommended dosage is 2.5g, taken in 2 separate doses.
N.O. Alpha Fusion
A formula based around L-Citrulline Malate.
- L-Citrulline Malate: A highly potent form of N.O.
- Danshen Root Extract, Grape Skin Extract, Crataegus Laevigata: These plant extracts have a long and rusted history in traditional medicine for improving heart function.
L-Citrulline is an amino acid that improves endurance, decreases soreness and increases muscle growth (6).
It’s converted in the body to Nitric Oxide – the compound that gives NO-Xplode its name. Nitric Oxide is a vasodilator, expanding the blood vessels and increasing blood flow. This enhances the “pump” you get in the gym.
Unfortunately, for a product named after Nitric Oxide, there isn’t much of it in here – little over a mere tenth of the optimal dose.
This part of the formula is designed to boost and maintain your energy levels at supercharged levels.
- N-Acetyl-Tyrosine: This amino acid promotes higher levels of neurotransmitters to aid cognition.
- Caffeine Anhydrous and Caffeine Cocrystal: This combination can really ignite your workout.
- Grapefruit Bioflavonoids and Pterostilbene: these promote heart health and act as anti-oxidants.
NO-Xplode provides you with almost 3 coffee cups’ worth of Caffeine, which is combined with Tyrosine. Caffeine significantly increases power output (7), while Tyrosine takes the edge off and helps with focus (8).
This supports and boosts your mental focus with the important amino acids, Lysine and Phenyl alanine, and Huperzine-A. A good range of vitamin Bs provides additional immune support.
- DMAE Bitartrate (2-Dimethylaminoethanol): Appears to boost exercise performance.
- Niacin (vitamin B3): Considerable research has demonstrated the effectiveness of Niacin for increasing good cholesterol and lowering bad cholesterol and promoting god cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin D
- Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6)
- Thiamin HCl (Vitamin B1)
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Who Takes It?
This product is suited toward those who need an energy boost for their workouts.
NO-Xplode provides a stimulant kick, as well as an endurance enhancement. This means longer and more intense workouts.
How to Take
Mix one scoop (18.5g) with 250-500mL of water. Consume 30-60 minutes before exercise.
You may feel a tingling sensation throughout your body from Beta Alanine.
The large caffeine dose and Creatine may cause an upset stomach if taken without enough water or on an empty stomach.
- NO-Xplode comes in a range of flavours to suit everyone’s tastes
- Plenty of Beta Alanine and Betaine are included for extra endurance
- A daily dose’s worth of Creatine is included for strength
- It contains a decent dose of Caffeine, along with Tyrosine to maintain focus
- NO-Xplode doesn’t live up to its name – it simply doesn’t have enough Nitric Oxide ingredients.
NO-Xplode is a reasonably solid formula that will energise you and boost your strength, endurance, and focus.
But if it’s just the Nitric Oxide-induced pumps you’re after, NO-Xplode is not what you’re looking for.
For a full list of the best ingredients, start with this complete pre-workout ingredients guide.