Glucosamine tablets are very popular joint supplements that millions of people swear by each year, but which one should you take? We’ve scoured the market and recommend the best Glucosamine tablets Australia.
Taking glucosamine may help reduce joint pain caused by both age and lifestyle issues, can provide building blocks for stronger cartilage, and tackle stiffness and aches caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis and arthritis.
The Australian Department of Health estimates that 1 in 3 Australians suffer from some sort of musculoskeletal condition — a problem with their bones, joints, or muscles. They also state that 3.6 million Australians have arthritis, with inflamed joints becoming stiff, swollen or even deformed. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in Australia.
After having reviewed dozens of joints supplements, we believe Performance Lab Flex is the best glucosamine tablet in Australia in 2023.
Or, alternatively, read on to find out why we consider Performance Lab Flex the best glucosamine and joint supplement on the Australian market today.
What Is Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is a natural compound found in cartilage, the tissue that supports and cushions joints, as well as in synovial fluid, ligaments, and tendons — all of which can be common causes of joint pain. It’s also made into a supplement, usually in the form of glucosamine sulfate tablets or glucosamine hydrochloride.
The glucosamine in our body helps to keep cartilage healthy, but as we age levels begin to drop — leading to joints eventually breaking down, and them becoming stiff and painful. Osteoarthritis and arthritis can also become a problem.
Benefits of Glucosamine Supplementation
People take glucosamine tablets to help with joint pain and inflammation from a whole host of causes, such as:
OSTEOARTHRITIS: Studies show that glucosamine sulfate supplementation can help reduce pain relief for people suffering from osteoarthritis. Some studies show that it may also slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
ARTHRITIS: The Mayo Clinic reports that early research shows that glucosamine tablets may reduce pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis just as well as NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), which come with their own set of side effects. Its power is strengthened when combined with chondroitin sulfate, found in our favourite joint supplement, Performance Lab Flex.
Anecdotally, people taking glucosamine tablets swear by its positive results.
LIFESTYLE FACTORS: Of course, arthritis or osteoarthritis doesn’t account for all joint pain. Lifestyle factors can cause chronic inflammation or injury to joints too. People often take glucosamine tablets or joint supplements with glucosamine to help with issues caused by exercise-related injury, or pain caused by the pressure placed on joints from highly repetitive activities such as gaming, repetitive manual work, long periods sitting, and/ or days spent typing.
A product such as our recommended Performance Lab Flex – our number one choice for the best Glucosamine tablets Australia – is designed to help with all these causes of joint pain and stiffness.
Could You Benefit from a Joint Supplement with Glucosamine?
Glucosamine tablets have been shown to reduce the pain and inflammation, and increase flexibility, of people suffering from osteoarthritis and arthritis. It may also benefit people with other causes of inflammation and stiffness, such as anyone suffering from an exercise-related injury. Glucosamine becomes even more beneficial when stacked with other useful ingredients, such as:
- Chondroitin: for additional lubrication and cartilage repair.
- Curcumin: an antioxidant, to aid joint health and flexibility.
- Boswellia Serrata: to ease joint aches, improve flexibility, and boost the performance of daily activities.
- MSM: helps to form collagen and aid glucosamine and chondroitin to do their job.
You can find all of these ingredients in Performance Lab Flex, one reason why we prefer this joint supplement to any other available to buy in Australia today.
Best Glucosamine Tablets Australia in 2023
Performance Lab Flex
Performance Lab Flex is a glucosamine tablet that is tailored for all sorts of joint concerns, both arthritis-based, and lifestyle-based. It can help with:
- Age-related joint issues, such as joint stiffness and mobility issues that can impact the quality of life for those aged 55 and over. As the name suggests, Flex concentrates on increasing flexibility.
- Pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and arthritis.
- Joint strain or injury caused by repetitive work, such as a desk job sitting all day, or manual labour.
- Strain caused on knees, hip and ankle joints typically caused by endurance exercise
- Wrist and finger inflammation caused by technology use, such as when gaming, typing, and texting.
- Plus, shoulder and back issues as a result of strength training or similar.
For all of these reasons, we’ve chosen to highlight Performance Lab Flex on our list of the best Glucosamine tablets Australia.
**** BUY Performance Lab Flex ****
The Performance Lab Flex Formula
As we mentioned earlier, Performance Lab Flex contains several heavy-hitters, all-natural ingredients and botanicals aimed at promoting flexibility and joint health, making it the most effective joint supplement on the Australian market.
The form of glucosamine — glucosamine sulfate — used in Performance Lab Flex is important for three reasons.
- More research has been carried out on glucosamine sulfate as opposed to its other form, glucosamine hydrochloride.
- As Web MD states, glucosamine sulfate is considered more effective, especially for osteoarthritis, than its hydrochloride counterpart. Researchers theorise that it’s because the ‘sulfate’ part is actually needed to make cartilage. Studies suggest glucosamine hydrochloride may not help to reduce pain.
- Glucosamine sulfate cannot be made by the body and many products make it from shellfish, which can trigger allergies. The version in Performance Lab Flex, however, is made from corn instead and is 100% VEGAN FRIENDLY and non-allergic.
As with all new supplements, we’d recommend you speak to your doctor before taking it if you’re taking other medications, and avoid if you’re allergic to sulphur.
Phytodroitin™ / Chondroitin
Perfomance Lab Flex includes Phytodroitin which is structurally identical to Chondroitin but is made from seaweed blends as opposed to the shark cartilage origins of some forms of Chondroitin. As such, it is approved by the Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society, and is considered just as effective.
Chondroitin helps to form cartilage, the natural substance that cushions the joints and protects the bones. It stands to reason, therefore, that the more chondroitin ‘building blocks’ you have available to you, the stronger the cartilage. Which means extra shock absorption and joint lubrication, and fewer potential injuries.
Glucosamine chondroitin is the most powerful joint-protecting combination you can get. Arthritis Australia describes glucosamine chondroitin as a relatively safe treatment for people with osteoarthritis to trial.
A potent anti-inflammatory, Boswellia Serrata has been used in eastern medicine for years. Boswellia Serrata targets the joint inflammation that causes pain, often caused by stress, overtraining, overdoing, diet or an underlying illness. It blocks a particular enzyme that damages cartilage and connective tissue, helping to protect joints and reduce pain. The form included in Performance Lab Flex is highly bioavailable compared to normal Boswellia.
Curcumin has been proven beneficial for tightness and joint pain, with a study in the Journal of Medicinal Food finding it effective for helping to reduce joint pain and relieving symptoms of arthritis. It has therefore been linked with improving performance, easing joint stiffness, and helping with comfort. Curcumin has been used in herbal medicine for years. It is traditionally difficult for the body to absorb, but again Performance Lab has used innovative techniques to increase its bioavailability by as much as 46 times. A lower dose of the CurcuWIN® Curcumin included in Performance Lab Flex, therefore, is just as effective as a higher dose of normal curcumin, if not more so.
It’s worth noting too that curcumin and Boswellia Serrata have been shown to work better together. It’s this scientific know-how that puts Performance Lab over the edge when compared to other Australian products and earns it the top place on our list of the best glucosamine tablets Australia.
MSM is needed to make and maintain collagen and cartilage; it helps to prevent the breakdown of the latter, protecting against the sort of wear and tear that can grind down bones.
Benefits of Performance Lab Flex
Putting all of these ingredients together in a powerful product like Performance Lab Flex can help to:
- Reduce inflammation
- Relieve tightness
- Tackle pain
- Increase lubrication
- Provide more shock absorption for the joints
- Support cartilage
- Promote bone mineral density
- Offer longer-lasting joint relief
- Sooth symptoms of arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Potentially reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis in the longer term
- Offer a vegan-friendly herbal option to relieve aching and stiff joints.
Cleanest Glucosamine Tablet on the Australian Market Today
As well as being highly effective, we’d also argue that Performance Lab Flex is one of the cleanest glucosamine products on the market in Australia today. Hence its place on our best glucosamine tablets Australia list. For instance, Flex is:
- Vegan friendly, with plant-based prebiotic capsules
- Free from synthetic additives
- Free from allergens such as soy and gluten, and made of corn rather than shellfish
- Banned-substance tested, meaning you can use these tablets safely if you compete
- cGMP certified–meaning it has gained a certificate demonstrating Good Manufacturing Practices, showing it’s manufactured to the highest standards.
You really can’t beat Performance Lab Flex for cleanliness, effectiveness and ethical manufacturing.
**** BUY Performance Lab Flex ****
STACKS WELL WITH:
Performance Lab NutriGenesis Multi for Men or Women
This top-notch multivitamin augments Flex with additional joint-protecting ingredients such as Vitamin D3, Calcium, Vitamin K (helps bone strength), Magnesium, and Vitamin C (strengthens connective tissues and collagen). Special formulas are available for both men and women, and both are vegan friendly.
STACKS WELL WITH:
Performance Lab Sleep
Ingredients in Performance Lab Sleep help to soothe joint aches and pains that can disrupt sleep while the magnesium in the formula helps to both relax the muscle and nourish bone. These stack together effectively with the botanicals in Flex. All help to extend regenerative sleep, which gives the body time to nourish cartilage, bone, and connective tissues.