R1 Whey Blend is a protein powder made by R1 Proteins.
It’s a high-protein, low-carb formula designed to help you meet your daily protein requirements.
R1 Protein is a supplement brand based in Aurora, Illinois, in the United States.
Whey Protein Concentrate
The most cost-effective form of whey, whey protein concentrate is around 80% protein, with the other 20% made up by other milk solids (carbohydrates and fats).
Whey has been proven to significantly increase the growth and repair of muscle, making it every bodybuilders’ best friend (1).
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is more refined than the concentrate form above, and is absorbed slightly faster.
Whey Protein Hydrosylate
Whey protein hydrosylate is also very similar to the above two forms of whey.
The key difference is that is has been partially broken-down, making it even more quickly absorbed than the other forms.
Who Takes It?
Athletes wanting a quick and easy protein source that’s suitable for any time of the day will enjoy R1 Whey Blend.
How to Take
Mix 1 scoop (34g) with 250mL water or milk, and consume either post-workout, or as desired.
Excess protein consumption may worsen an existing kidney or liver condition.
- Very lean formula
- Huge range of flavours available to suit everyone
- A bit of a bare-bones formula, without any extras
R1 Whey Blend is a solid, basic protein powder formula that does exactly what it is meant to do – help you hit your protein targets, without many extra carbs or fats.
Although it would have been nice to have some extra ingredients included, these would have likely come at a cost.
Plenty of flavours and tub sizes are available to cater to everyone’s needs and preferences.